Friday, November 2, 2012

Fear and Progress

Sometimes I get up early and even my soul is wet.
...
I love you still among these cold things.
Sometimes my kisses go on those heavy vessels 
that cross the sea towards no arrival.
I see myself forgotten like those old anchors.
The piers sadden when the afternoon moors there.
My life grows tired, hungry to no purpose.
I love what I do not have.  You are so far.

Excerpt from Pablo Neruda's "Here I love you."

In a few days I'll be pitching ALMas to OLAS--this Wednesday in fact.  Started back up reading about other early childhood programs across the country.  And soon I'll be pitching the idea to my friend's latina sorority to get some real human capital and support.

I read Whatever It Takes by Paul Tough, and it was exactly what I needed.  A re-orientation.

No comments:

Post a Comment