In the past three months, this is what we have accomplished:
- Launched a successful panel discussion on the interaction between early childhood, immigration, and economic opportunity.
- Check out photos here!
- Commentary from the event:
- "Dear Marvin
I'm writing in regards to the panel ALMas organized this evening, which I thought was wonderful. It was informative about the current state of early childhood education, as well as hopeful and constructive about possible directions that early childhood education might take. It highlighted the importance of and challenges that face what I understand to be an often neglected area of concern in the debates about education reform. I let Brandi Snodgrass, my NSP supervisor, know that it was the best-organized, most informative (on the most levels) and most enjoyable panel discussion that I've attended in my four years here. Although I'm graduating in a few weeks and won't be around anymore, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you in the next few weeks.
- Lessons included:
- dealing with challenging behavior
- choosing the right books
- dialogic reading
- evaluating and assessing the teacher
- encouraging students to learn through positive reinforcement.
- You can see the battle plans here
- With respect to our program's space, I am meeting Gage Park Library's lead librarian to talk about implementing our program through their space during the school year
- Rough sketch of our educational assessment for our children
- Revising our lesson plan template
- He's working for the Univ of Chicaog on cloud computing, so we're lucky to have him!
- Schedule August 20th for coffee, and we're talking abotu how to develop collaborations and sponsorhips with local businesses to help pay for our program. BOOM
LET'S KEEP THE BALL ROLLING! WE'RE BACK AFTER SUMMER BREAK AND GOING STRONG!