All right guys. January has been a big month.
We accomplished all of our goals!
1. We applied for RSO status.
2. We applied for start up capital from the Dean's Fund.
3. We got our lesson plan template research-approved.
4. We have engaged in outreach to gather books for our Spring start.
5. We have a developing partnership with Richard J Daley Elementary.
1. Get our members trained in administering and analyzing the UEI's STEP education tool.
2. Get our members to observe pre-school classrooms.
3. Get our members trained in classroom best-practices and classroom management.
4. Plan how to relate Dean's Fund back to the University Community (a requirement).
This is our plan for relating the Dean's Fund back to campus:
AN ALL-STAR PANEL DISCUSSION ON THE FOLLOWING QUESTION:
"Where does immigration, early childhood education, economic opportunity, and cognitive development all intersect?"
Who we're thinking of getting:
Immigration: Robert Gonzalez, SSA Professor, University of Chicago
Economics: James Heckman, Economics Professor, U of C
Cognitive Development: Molly Thayer, Director of Literacy, UEI
Catherine Corr, PhD Candidate in Early Childhood Education and ELLs, UIC-Urbana-Champaign