Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Why I'm Building ALMas

Because at the end of second-quarter of my second-year in college, two (whom I presume are) close friends of mine told me something that shook me to my core and made me re-evaluate what I was doing with my life:

"Marvin, you're not a leader."
And it is not out of hate, nor out of want to prove the contrary to them or to myself, that I push forward now to build and create ALMas.

No.

I do it because God has given me talents to use for His work and benevolence.  And that requires me to lead.  To take the stage and do something right for once.

And really, it comes down to Lincoln's view on life:

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion."

There comes a time when a man sees himself for who he is.  At is at this point when he can decide to stay the same or change for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment